Get ready for the 2014 Bay Harbor Arts Festival – celebrating it’s 15th Anniversary
The Bay Harbor Arts Festival is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in the Village at Bay Harbor. Bay Harbor is one of Northern Michigan’s premier destinations. The Village sets upon beautiful Lake Michigan, just steps to Bay Harbor Lake Marina, boutique shopping and dining. As always, we offer complimentary and convenient parking for all artists and guests.
Arts Festival Information
Saturday, July 26, 2014 from 10am – 7pm
Sunday, July 27, 2014 from 10am – 4pm
RAIN or SHINE
The Bay Harbor Arts Festival is located on the lawn panels on Bay Harbor Lake Marina all downtown in the Village at Bay Harbor. The Village at Bay Harbor is located right off US-31.
Double Booth Fee – $600
Corner Fee – $75 (while corner spaces last – in addition to booth fee)
|June 1||All Booth Fees Due|
|June 27||Final day to cancel with refund (less $50 admin fee)|
|July 25||Artist Set-Up – Noon – 7pm|
|July 26||Bay Harbor Arts Festival – 10am – 7pm|
|July 27||Bay Harbor Arts Festival – 10am – 4pm|
Submit four (4) work images and one (1) booth image with work displayed
Pay application fee
By applying to the Bay Harbor Arts Festival, the artist agrees to and confirms the following items:
- The artist is responsible for the design and execution of his or her artwork according to the Bay Harbor Arts Festival’s Standards (see below).
- The artist has read, understands and will abide by the Bay Harbor Arts Festivals’ Rules (see below).
- The artist understands that the Bay Harbor Arts Festival, Bay Harbor Company et al, are not liable for loss or damage to artwork or personal injury.
- The artist understands and agrees that the Bay Harbor Arts Festival may use images of their artwork in advertising and promotion.
- Extensive advertising and promotion
- Professional and respectful Arts Festival Committee
- Friendly booth sitters
- Helpers to set-up and tear-down available upon advanced request. $35 per hour/per person.
- Professional, overnight security
- Pastries, juice and water for breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Free water and water delivery
- All work must be the original design of the artist; the essential work required to make each finished piece must be done by the artist.
- A mass-produced, cluttered or commercial appearance to an artist display is not permitted.
- The artwork exhibited by the artist at the event must match the quality and balance of the images submitted to the jury. The artwork must also match the scope and volume of the images submitted to the jury.
- In an effort to help artists determine whether their specific work complies, the Arts Festival Committee has prepared a guideline of ineligible work.
Ineligible work includes but is not limited to:
- Cut coin jewelry
- Enamels on manufactured representational copper shapes
- Made of manufactured components
- Commercial beads. Beads must be made by the artist with the exception of the technique known as bead weaving however; commercial bead weaving kits are not permitted.
- Pearl necklaces and bracelets are permitted if they have an ornament and/or fastener that is intricate; a focal point of the piece and is handmade by the artist.
- T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and other commercially manufactured clothes – no matter how embellished by the artist.
- Dried flowers
- Anything made in a commercial mold, in any medium
- Anything made using a commercial kit, in any medium
- Tole painting
- Dough art
- Country crafts
- CDs and tapes
- Engaging in “buy-sell” practices, that is, buying the work done by another artist and selling it as your own; or
- Selling commercially produced reproductions of the work of another artist.
If it is discovered that an artist has engaged in either of these practices, that artist will lose event exhibiting privileges immediately and permanently.
- Exhibitors must comply with all local ordinances, regulations and rules. These rules include, but are not limited to: Fire lanes and walk-through sidewalk-street connections shall not contain storage or any other obstructions.
- Booth material, tarps and other coverings shall be fire-retardant or fire resistant. Open flames are not allowed. No gasoline, kerosene or motor oils are permitted in the festival area.
- Booth spaces may not be transferred or otherwise reassigned by the artist.
- By the close of the set-up day (July 26, 2013), artists must have claimed (by their presence or by phone) their booth space. Otherwise their booth space may be resold with no refund.
- The exhibiting artist(s) must be present at the festival no less than 75% of each day.
- Booth structure and display must not exceed the limits of the assigned space. Art work hanging from display panels will not obstruct or block clear and free passage. If your artwork is hazardous or interferes with your neighbor, you will be asked to remove it.
- Unless artists are officially notified of a festival emergency, booths must remain opened at the festival starting time and remain open until the published closing time.
- All storage must be neatly concealed.
- Signs advertising sales and markdowns are prohibited.
- No debris may be left behind after tearing down.
- Pop-up Tents are prohibited. You must have a structurally sound-weather proof tent that will handle all elements, and it must be able to be safely secured to either grass or pavement. All proper equipment necessary to stabilize your artist tent must be brought with you the day of set-up.
- In the event that you must cancel, please notify the Arts Festival Committee immediately by calling 231.439.2650
- If the cancellation is received on or before June 20, 2014, your booth fee will be refunded minus a $50 administration fee.
- There are no refunds made as of June 21, 2014.
The Village at Bay Harbor
We have contracted room blocks with the following hotels in our local area for artists. We have a room block for the nights of July 25 and 26 at the following hotels on a first-come, first-serve basis:
When calling to reserve rooms at either hotel say that you are with the Bay Harbor Arts Festival Room Block – the room blocks will be released by June 30, 2014 if not used.
Super 8 Motel, Petoskey MI – located ½ mile from Bay Harbor at 2645 Charlevoix Avenue
(10) rooms blocked at $118 + tax per night)
231.439.8000 – firstname.lastname@example.org